In the interests of transparency, I wanted to share a little bit of personal information about myself (before we get to the fun stuff!!).
They say that change is as good as a holiday. I don’t really know who “they” are, but I guess they are right in many ways. The last 5 years has seen so much change for me, both personally and professionally. I’ve grown and reflected, and moved into such a different version of myself, and I’m proud of who I am and what I’ve become. There have been all kinds of “whoah” moments, and the realisation that change is good – no, change is GREAT – when you let it be.
When I started my business many years ago, I was married with one baby…then came babies 2 and 3. And then one day down the track, my marriage ended, and suddenly I was raising my children by myself (but with the most wonderful network of family and friends helping us out, and for that I am eternally grateful).
Divorce is so often seen as a bad thing, however it’s truly not always the case. Sometimes it’s like a “healthy pruning”, as a friend once said to me.
And so, with the change in direction that my life took, so did many other parts of me…including my name. Karen Pfeiffer Photography had served me well for so many years. But one of my dilemmas was that although my business itself wasn’t changing, the name didn’t “fit” anymore.
And so, with the help of the wonderful Terri from Pure Design, who has been ever so patient with me (please contact her via her email: email@example.com if you require any branding or design, she’s amazing!!), I am now proudly sporting the business name Karen Lynch Photography.
I knew from the get-go that I wanted to incorporate my children into my branding somehow, and so my new business logo is the exact same as the tattoo on my left wrist, which I got in 2015 for my children. It has a heart for each of them. Terri also added the circular component in the crown, with this representing a camera lens. It’s perfect, it’s very “me”, and so I’m thrilled to launch it.
(And for the record, this change IS as good as a holiday!!!!!)
So…….in celebration of the re-launch of Karen Lynch Photography, I’m giving people the opportunity to win one of two amazing portrait experience prizes valued at $1600 and $750!!
The two prizes up for grabs are a Classic portrait session and a Fine Art portrait session.
Classic Portrait Session – valued at $1600
– On location session of up to 2 hours
– All images from your gallery (a minimum of 30) in high resolution
– A full set of complimentary 4×6” prints
– An 8×12” matted print of your choice
Family Fine Art Portrait Session – valued at $750
– Fine Art project piece including consultation, set up, shooting/session for your Art Project, plus 16×24″ print of the finished piece
To win one of these prizes, all you need to do is:
1) It would be wonderful if you could “like” my facebook page (Karen Lynch Photography).
2) Head over to Instagram and follow my profile there too (karenlynch_photography).
3) Comment on the post with who you think would love to win this prize! The best bit is, you can nominate yourself!
4) Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what change you’ve gone through in life, that’s made you a better person? How have you coped with the changes that have occurred? Or, is there someone else that’s gone through massive change, that you think deserves to win?
5) Don’t forget to make the subject “Change is Great – Competition Nominee”, and provide your names, ages, and contact details within your email, along with the reason for nomination.
6) Hang tight for the winner to be announced!!!!
Terms and Conditions:
1) If you nominate someone else, please make them aware of your nomination (due to privacy laws). Also, each nominee must be okay with me sharing a simplified version of their story.
2) Nominations are not considered complete until the email (as described above) has been received at the email address email@example.com
3) Nominees must be Adelaide (and surrounds) based. If a nominee is not from Adelaide (within a 50km radius), they can still enter provided they give written confirmation that they are happy to cover the cost of travel for Karen.
4) The competition runs from 12/2/20 until 11.59pm on 26/2/20 – after this, entries are closed.
5) The prizes are not redeemable for cash, and can not be transferred to a wedding booking or another person.
6) The prizes can not be used in conjunction with any other previously booked session or gift voucher.
7) The winners will be announced on 1/3/20.
8) The winners will be chosen by none other than my Mum! Mum’s decision is final, the winner will be notified by telephone and then announced on my Facebook Page once confirmed.
Please note, this competition is not affiliated with facdebook or Instagram.